The TLD standard - In joining the Trusted Locksmiths Directory you agree to abide by the 15 points below and Clients using the Trusted Locksmiths Directory should expect high standards from their trusted, local locksmith:
- Treat each client as if they are your only client.
- Photo I.D. worn and shown to client at first meeting.
- Upkeep a minimum Public Liability indemnity limit of £2,000,000.
- Adhere to H&S guidelines.
- Maintain an accurate risk assessment.
- Initial quotes adhered to, dependent on accuracy of initial brief.
- Additional work outside of quote be approved before starting.
- Safe tool storage and work space maintained at all times.
- Optimum level of security offered within customer price range.
- Completed work tried and tested by customer before leaving site.
- Noise levels kept to a minimum.
- Safe & tidy workplace maintained at all times.
- Appropriate disposal/recycling of waste material.
- No coarse language or inappropriate remarks or conduct.
- No smoking at client premises.
The Trusted Locksmiths Directory is a source for locating vetted, insured and qualified locksmiths throughout the UK. Whist we robustly vet our locksmith members, Locksmiths Pages LTD may NOT be held liable for any consequential loss, damage or injury resulting directly or indirectly from any works conducted by members of the Trusted Locksmiths Directory.
In securing the services of a locksmith from the Trusted Locksmiths Directory, you acknowledge that:
(1) the contract you enter into is directly between you (the client) and the locksmith.
(2) Locksmiths Pages LTD merely facilitates an electronic directory of vetted locksmiths.
(3) Locksmith members are independent locksmiths and NOT employed by Locksmiths Pages LTD.
We and our partners know just how important is it that items are delivered intact and on time. That's why we dispatch all orders using next day courier. Depending on the product ordered and its weight/value, the courier we use may vary.
When will I receive my item?
All orders are printed and dispatched the next working day, for example if you order on Monday before midnight your order will be printed and dispatched on Tuesday and delivered on Wednesday when choosing our Standard production speed.
What if something goes wrong?
Our partners do everything possible to reduce the arrival of damaged goods, but damages do occur sometimes. In the first instance you must contact us by email detailing the damage. Please take a digital picture of the damage for our insurance and for any claims against the courier. Please do not dispose the item as we may require its return (if return is required we will arrange return shipping.). Once we have been notified (and have received the images of the damage) we will replace the damaged goods as soon as possible.
The most common reason… address provided is incomplete. In order for us to arrange delivery we need the full address. This includes house name/number and postcode.
Submission of Content on this Web Site.
By providing any Content to our web site:
(a) you confirm that you are the copyright holder and that you have the authorisation to do so.
(b) you agree to grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, technology known or later developed;
(c) you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant us with the license set forth in this Section;
(d) you acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right (but not obligation), in our sole discretion, to refuse to publish or to remove or block access to any Content you provide at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Annual subscriptions: You may cancel your membership for any reason to receive a full refund within 30 days following your payment. You may cancel your subscription with a minimum of 14 days notice. Your statutory rights are not affected. To cancel your subscription, please email: [email protected]
Affiliate subscriptions: You may cancel your membership and receive a full refund within 14 days following payment. You may cancel a subscription with a minimum of 14 days notice. Your statutory rights are not affected. To cancel your subscription, please email: [email protected]
Use the members area to share experiences and to raise awareness about issues that are important to the industry. You may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which we believe can lead to important conversations.
To help balance the needs, safety and interests of a diverse community, we may remove sensitive content, however, we would prefer not to have to do this and ask that you post in a manner that is unlikely to cause offence.
TLD Forums is an open resource to our members and affiliate members, enabling suppliers to gain valuable market research from your comments and enabling them to answer any questions you may have. The members area contains details of partner company offers, the details of which are NOT to be shared with non members.
In the unlikely event that complaints are received against directory members; they will be investigated and may result in the suspension of the corresponding profile, repeated complaints will result in removal of the corresponding profile.
No action will be taken without first consulting with the member concerned during which, we will endeavour to resolve any issues between the complainant and the locksmith.
Has a locksmith overcharged you? Have they unsatisfactorily completed work? If you’ve recently had work completed by a locksmith that you’re not happy with and you wish to complain, here’s what to do.
Establish whether or not the locksmith Company concerned is registered with the TLD: Check the company you intend to complain about is a TLD member ★HERE★
Use the feedback form to tell us about the TLD member concerned, include as much information as you can, in order to help us understand the nature of the complaint. We may contact you to gather any follow up information.
To register a complaint, click: ★HERE★
Once reasonable attempts to resolve the issues fail, contact the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) for free legal advice. If the issue is more complex, you may need to escalate your complaint to Trading Standards.
To find your local CAB office, click:-
To find your local Trading Standards office, click:-
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
WhatwWe do with the Information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Trusted Locksmiths Directory is hosted by WorldPress.org. WordPress.org websites (collectively “WordPress.org” in this document) refer to sites hosted on the WordPress.org, WordPress.net, WordCamp.org, BuddyPress.org, bbPress.org, and other related domains and subdomains thereof.
Like most website operators, WordPress.org collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. WordPress.org’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how WordPress.org’s visitors use its website. From time to time, WordPress.org may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
WordPress.org also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. WordPress.org does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of personally identifying information
Certain visitors to WordPress.org choose to interact with WordPress.org in ways that require WordPress.org to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that WordPress.org gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who use our forums to provide a username and email address. In each case, WordPress.org collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with WordPress.org. WordPress.org does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
WordPress.org may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, WordPress.org may reveal how many downloads a particular version got, or say which plugins are most popular based on checks from api.wordpress.org, a web service used by WordPress installations to check for new versions of WordPress and plugins. However, WordPress.org does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally Identifying information
WordPress.org discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations that:
(i) need to know that information in order to process it on WordPress.org’s behalf or to provide services available at WordPress.org, and
(ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using WordPress.org, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. WordPress.org will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organisations, as described above, WordPress.org discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when WordPress.org believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of WordPress.org, third parties, or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a WordPress.org website and have supplied your email address, WordPress.org may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with WordPress.org and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. WordPress.org takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
Reward vouchers are emailed on the 31st day following successful locksmith membership application.
★ Rewards are emailed in the form of Amazon gift vouchers - Reward amount may vary without prior notice.
★ Applicable to annual memberships only.
★ Referral membership partial refunds are are emailed on the 31st day following successful locksmith membership application.
★ Rewards limited to one per business entity.
Advertising is subject to acceptance of advertising terms and conditions:
T&Cs available for download ★HERE★
and media specifications, which can be seen ★HERE★
TLD Locksmiths Pages LTD – Standard Terms and Conditions
Definitions: “Publisher” means Locksmiths Pages LTD details contained below. “Advertiser” means any person firm or company who enters into an agreement with the Publisher.
1. Payment terms are 100% of the total agreed monthly fee, seven days from receipt of invoice, or payment for the year in advance, seven days from receipt of invoice.
2. The specification and distribution details are contained in the Publisher media information specific for the above publication or web listing, a copy of which the Advertiser acknowledges receipt, or confirms has read at:https:// www.trustedlocksmithsdirectory.com/wp-content/uploads/ 2017/10/Media-specification.pdf
3. The contract shall deemed to have been made at the offices of the Publisher.
4. a) The Advertiser is solely responsible to submit to the Publisher suitable advertisement/advertorial copy in electronic format (in accordance with the Publisher’s specifications) by the specified date. All advertisements/advertorials are accepted at the Publisher’s discretion as to suitability.
4. b) Where the Advertiser requires the Publisher to create any advertisement /advertorial or other content on its behalf, Advertiser agrees to pay to Publisher a production charge of 25% of the value of the contract price to be agreed in advance.
4. c) Publisher reserves the right to make grammatical changes and minor corrections to conform to Publishers in-house style.
5. Any unpaid amounts due to Publisher will carry interest at the rate of 2% per month or part thereof, from due date until payment received by Publisher, before as well as after judgement. Publisher invoice for interest charges shall be final and binding upon the Advertiser.
6. All reasonable efforts will be made by the Publisher to fulfil its obligations, but should the Publisher be prevented or delayed in carrying out any of their obligations by reason of an Act of God, war, lock-out, fire, flood, delays in transit, strikes, riots, postal delay or any other unexpected or exceptional causes or circumstances beyond their control the time for delivery shall be extended until a reasonable time after the event preventing or interfering with the due performance of Publishers obligations has ceased, and in no circumstances is the Publisher to be liable for any consequential loss or damage suffered by the Advertiser as a result thereof.
7. The terms of the contract as stated in the Publishers official Order constitute the entire contract between the Advertiser and Publisher. Any variations to the contract terms are only valid if signed by a director of the Publisher.
8. The Publisher will take reasonable care of any material supplied by the Advertiser whilst in the Publisher’s custody. The Publisher shall not be responsible for loss or damage of material in transit or whilst with any third party.
9. In the event that the Advertiser is in default of its obligations under paragraph 5 (or gives notice that it does not intend to fulfil such obligations prior to the date for submission of advertising copy) the Advertiser agrees to pay the Publisher as liquidated damages the lesser of:
a) 75% of the Publisher’s rate card price for the advertisement (or aggregate price in the case of a series of advertisements) prevailing at the date of this order or
b) the contract price as agreed between the Publisher and Advertiser credit being given for any payments made by the Advertiser in respect of this order prior to the default or notice.
10. In the event of any conflict between these standard terms and conditions and the Publishers Official Order form, the order shall prevail.
11. Publishers reserves right to vary date of publication or advertising going live on the website by not more than +/-21 days and will notify Advertiser if there is a change to the scheduled date.
12. All disputes or complaints must be made in writing as soon as the Advertiser is aware and in any event within 28 days of publication.
13. The advertiser may cancel the service at any time and may receive a refund for any month which has been paid for in advance in which the service has not been used.
14. This agreement shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales. The Advertiser submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Locksmiths Pages LTD.
Kemp House, 160 City Road
London, Greater London